Re CCKW352 bearing shims

From: rich (r3engineering@pionexnet.co.uk)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 06:29:53 PDT

Johnathon,

thanks for the reply what you have said is what I was thinking but dont know
where to get them from?

On other vehicles with floating half shafts this is the norm with a thick
hardened steel washer next to the bearing and then a nut with a thin steel
washer followed by another nut to lock it all up tight.

>.. But on one of the hubs I found a thick
>approx 4mm hardened steel washer in position (1) still keyed to axle shaft.

That's the way M35's are.

>Now due to the fact that the outer bearings could and do rotate on the axle
>shafts it would grind into the mild steel washers (1) and cause damage, so
>would suspect that the hub with the hardened steel one is correct and all
>the others are wrong???

I would assume you are correct.

>I dont seem to be able to find this hardened washer in parts suppliers ie R
>and R services or Rex Wards any help on this please, as to which is the
>right or wrong ones???

Try Memphis Equipment maybe???

je

Any one got the address for these people and a phone number???

Cheers again

Richard