Re: [MV] F-Head needed

From: m18.hellcat (m18.hellcat@netzero.net)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 20:33:30 PDT

Todd, thanks for the input. As I am sure you are aware, sleeving has several
downsides to the procedure not the least of which is erratic cooling in the
affected cylinder. There are also issues with thermal cooeficients between
the piston skirt contact breach & brazing with nickel rod (common even
though I use cast iron flux to impinge the fillet puddle). As I had
mentioned this is not an issue of whether I can do it (have extensive
facilities) but rather probing the "list" for a preferable replacement & if
there were any diffs between MV & civilian f-blocks.

p.s. You say this is common, based on what ?

thanks again - Scott