Re: [MV] F-Head needed

From: Todd Paisley (paisley@erols.com)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 21:22:12 PDT

> p.s. You say this is common, based on what ?

Experience. (I own dozens of Jeeps.) Listening to others. Nearly every
block I have has this condition. (I must have 15 blocks like this.)
Sleeving and stitch welding always fixes the problem. (one block had all 4
bores cracked and I had all 4 sleeved because it was the original engine for
that jeep. Runs fine.) Never had any of the problems you describe. My
opinion is that you are wasting your money buying another block when that
other one probably can be fixed for less money than buying another engine.
(Machine shop I deal with charges $100 for the sleeving, another $50 for the
stitch welding. Forget what the decking costs.) At least at the end you
will have a good block. No guarantee that buying another block will not
have the same problem.

Todd.