Re: [MV] F-Head needed

From: Lisa Bunch (jeepcj8@home.com)
Date: Sun Jun 10 2001 - 05:40:50 PDT

I have 2 F-head engines--1 in my CJ6 and another I purchased as a take out
from a CJ5. I wanted the spare for the convenience of exchanging the engine
without any down time. How do I tell if my cylinder walls are cracked
without pulling the head? Look for exhaust gasses in the coolant? Water in
the oil? How do I prevent these cylinders from cracking?
Thanks,
L.