Hood Catch on 1945MB

From: Brown, Herb (BRown@ida.org)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 11:02:15 PDT

This may seam like a dumb question for someone who has been rebuilding his
Jeep for the past 6 years, but I just got to the fenders. I might add, the
engine is running great and short trips down the block to show the Jeep off
are common. But here is the question:

I just noticed that the hood catch, mounted on the fender, has only one
handle versus the two handles for the windshield holddown type catch.
However, pictures I have all show the two handled type for the hood catch.
Question: Which type is correct? If mine is not correct, where were these
single handle type used? If there are a variety of types, what should I be
looking for my 1945MB?

Thanks,
Herb

Herbert R. Brown
Institute for Defense Analyses TEL: 703-845-6663
1801 N. Beauregard St. FAX: 703-845-6788
Alexandria, AV 22311-1772 e-mail:
hbrown@ida.org