Re: [MV] Ammeter

From: Glenn (glenntaylor@hotpop.com)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 11:12:22 PDT

1. Basic check - Disconnect generator from circuit and measure output
Voltage across terminals when engine running.
This should confirm voltage (more than 6v e.g. 8v) and polarity.
2. Ensure you have the correct Voltage Regulator for the 6v system
3. Check that all components are for the same (pos or neg) Earth system.
4. If 1 and 2 and 3 are ok, then it may just be that you switch the ammeter
wires over !
Bottom line is whether the battery get charged up.

Not sure what 6 or 12 volt ammeter is ! Does the scale register the correct
max current/amps for a 6v system ?

Just my two penn'orth
Glenn
'42 MB