Re: [MV] welding/repair technique question

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 05:30:57 PDT

In a message dated 6/12/01 12:37:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
colin@pacdat.net writes:

<< The radiator/gas tank company did NOT tell me they were going to CUT three
 (3) 1" holes in my gas tank and then solder (?) them shut with plugs! >>
Just as a point of reference in my sealing experience, I used sealer from
Restomotive (The POR15 people). This stuff came in a quart can. Per their
directions the tank was completely clean and dry. I poured the entire quart
in the tank and twisted the tank around until the entire inside was coated. I
then poured the rest out and let the tank cure. It worked perfectly. When I
poured the remaining sealer out I just happened to pour it into (gulp) a
jerry can. Swished it around in there and poured it into coffee can for
disposal. I have a nice vintage, coated can that will last now......Kenny

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee, FL
'52 Stude M-275 tractor
'75 AM General M-35A2