Re: [MV] Say "Goodbye" to Radiator Shops

From: Buzz Szarek (buzz@toast.net)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 17:41:24 PDT

Throwing it out might not be so bad. I've tried several shops around Dayton
Ohio and none of them have been able to successfully recore my radiator.
Each time there are seams that leaked and brackets that have come
unsoldered.

The skill level of these repair facilities has dropped dramatically.

I've even found coolant passages filled with paint and tar because they
weren't properly integrated.

Recently I bought a new radiator. If it leaks I'll fix it my self. I can
solder and am much more concerned with the finished product. It's not all
that difficult if you are patient.

If anybody knows about repairing radiators, perhaps they could put together
a faq and post it on the web site so we could have the info when we need to
do it ourselves.

-=-