Re: [MV] Weapon-laden vehicle brings charges for man

From: Henry J. Fackovec (fackovec@radiotech.com)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 12:01:56 PDT

Hey all:

As someone is on the periphery of the law enforcement community, and has
been a member of the press, I would advise holding back opinions about what
happened until the facts are out there:

One clue that all is not well is that he was cited for having an
unregistered and uninsured vehicle: In the northeast (With the exception of
NYC, where I would drive for months with no plates), uninsured and
unregistered is a major crime. Within 2 hours of moving into Massachusetts
my car was impounded and I was in the RMP for the same problem.

Second is the Breach of peace charge, sounds like he gave the officer a rash
of S**t. and it go thrown in.

The Weapons charge, I do not know what to make of it: I remember in NYC
carrying a replica pistol was treated the same way as a real sidearm,
perhaps CT is the same way. If that is the case a collector should have know
the law and followed it. (I am not saying I agree with the laws, I just obey
them)

As a member of the press, We took great latitude to make a better story (If
you ever run into me at a rally, ask me about the "teddy bear").

Good luck,

Hank
Going to COMVEC this weekend, with no visible firearms, real or otherwise<G>