Re: [MV] Weapon-laden vehicle brings charges for man

From: islander (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 20:02:24 PDT

Bobby Joe,

>The only thing about a Orange plug is you can paint the end of a real
>firearm. The orange plug doesn't mean anything. It is a stupid law passed by
>idiots.

Well, the only foolproof way to tell the difference between an law
abiding armed citizen and an armed criminal is to outlaw the open display
of a gun (real or fake) in public. That way, anybody seen in public with
even a fake gun is fair game for law enforcement. Unlike the organge
plug law, this is foolproof.

I don't live in a crime ridden area like Miami (which leaves me with a
warzone impression) and feel the police up here wouldn't even think that
someone would paint their gun orange in order to fool the police. Our
criminals are few and far inbetween, and thankfully aren't too bright :-)
 So I think the law works well in areas where there isn't a constant
threat of being shot up.

Given the choice between a flawed law and the only workable solution,
I'll take the orange plug. It might not work all the time in all the
places, but it is far better than the alternative. I don't want my
rights clamped down on because of some shooting gallery neighborhood 1000
or 3000 miles away.

Steve