RE: [MV] ARREST INFO - CLEARED UP

From: Rikk Rogers (rkltd@swbell.net)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 12:04:34 PDT

Phil's Claims are,
1, he has 2 M8 Greyhounds, He had a senior moment and took the one that is
un-registered.
2, he was going to leave when he discovered the cover for the Browning 1919
on the M8 missing and went back to look for it.
3, the officer was "overbearing" enough that he lost the chance to explain
what he was doing.

Some people, by their general actions, "create" situations like this, Phil
may well be one of them.
In my world, this should become a "training" situation (No problems, No
mistakes, Just training situations) Ok, ok tell me I'm a dreamer....
Any way, the reason I have followed this one so closely is, that it is
playing as I thought it would.
Two people made some mistakes here, the STEP-daughter joined in, with the
overall situation it looks bad for all involved.
Law suites ect...
But as a society we need to be able to back off and re-asses a situation
like this one.
I wish I had been on site to observe.
What I see, in my research on this exchange, is that both in the situation
and our lists, we find a set of view points that directly oppose the other
and look for no middle ground.
I am sure, from conversation with both sides, that both were in the wrong.
Neither side meant to give offence, both sides took offence, communication
failed.

I personally have seen many situations where Police forget, under stress
that they are there to help.
Phil, Obviously forgot that you catch more flies with honey than with
vinegar.

What more can be said?
We need to back off and learn from this situation.

Rikk Rogers - RK Lion LTD.
(580)762-3157 rkltd@swbell.net
http://home.swbell.net/rkltd/
-M35A2- -M38- MVPA -22345-