Officer posted response

From: Tom C. (gammagoat@neo.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 05:37:07 PDT

I felt compelled to respond to the officers post ref. the prob. encountered
with the armored vehicle and his response:

I'm sure you never anticipated such a response from collectors of HMVs. I
read the list your response was posted on. I have been reading the many
varied opinions posted. I was inclined to post myself as I have been a
police officer in Medina, Ohio for 9 years. However,I did not post as I
noted a large majority of the messages were in favor of responsible vehicle
ownership and the proper respect for Law Enforcement Individuals such as
yourself. Had I been in a similar situation I would have acted in the
interest of my profession and brought into question the registration and
insurance issues once I determined the vehicle was not a threat to the
communities safety. Most of the population seems to think we are all
clairvoyant and know who will be a problem and who will cooperate with our
inquiries. We also tend to treat people as they treat us, but to a lesser
extent and with some tact. Anyway I just wanted to let you know many
are responsible and respectable owners of military vehicles. Many of the
postings stated the owner should have advised the local jurisdictions in
ref. to his activities that day because, as you know, we don't particularly
like surprises, especially of the armored armed nature.
Stay safe,
Sincerely,
Sgt. Tom Carrell
Medina Police Dept.