Re: [MV] Silicone Brake Fluid

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 07:41:12 PDT

While searching for information on the wonderful internet, I ran across a
site dealing with silicone brake fluid made before Jan '88.
 http://usapc.army.mil/messages/pdibrakefluid.htm
This site identifies silicone fluid manufactured before Jan 88 as
contaminated. On the Military Vehicle Digest ;
 http://forums.vmag.com/mvd0199/
I did find a person in Tracey TN selling gallons for $25. I e-mailed him to
find out the mfg date but have received no response. I am going to buy a
pint of DOT 5 locally just to get my truck on the road. After that I'll
locate surplus stuff. Thanks for all the responses to my questions.....Kenny

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee, FL
'52 Stude M-275 tractor
'75 AM General M-35A2