Re: [MV] M416 Trailer Prices and some questions

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 07:34:15 PDT

>For a nice non-wavy 416???? Buy it.

OK, let me ask a few questions then. This is my first venture into MV
trailers and I have not really paid attention to them at all before.

Some questions I might ask if I could:

There are two holes on the front for the lunette ring to mount in. I assume
the lower one is for towing behind a jeep or M151 and the upper one is for
towing behind what? M37 and M715 perhaps?

This one has civy tires, like new, mounted on M151 type wheels. How do
these things handle with NDT tires v.s. civy type tires?

What other versions of the 416 are there? I know about the M416-B1 for the
mitey might (almost had one, damn...) but are there others?

Would it be blasphemous to put the larger later type tear-drop tail lights
on it? I assume the wiring has all the wires for service and BO lights in
it already?

Given the two options for towing behind a ball type hitch equiped vehicle,
which is more desirable, getting one of those adapters that bolts into the
ring with a ball coupler on it, or getting a pintle hook with a high offset
insert for a reciever type hitch?

thanks,

je