'39 QM Regt Panel Update

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Sat Jun 16 2001 - 07:15:58 PDT

I couldn't sleep last night so I thought about my
poor old panel.
  The "Todd Shipyards, L.A. Division Job Ticket"
could be from 1942 when the Nationalized forces were sent to protect the
West Coast
from invasion and attack.
   Todd was a Navy shipyard and must have been a priority.
  Since the 115th QM Regt was disbanded in
1942 and its members either were sent to the
Pacific Theater or were done serving, I think the
panel remained in San Pedro (L.A. Harbor) for
the duration and that's where it picked up its rust problems.
  My next brainstorm has to do with the three strange bolt-like objects
I found deep within
one of the storage areas.
  I think I've established that this truck was a
service / repair / maint. vehicle for N.G. trucks.
  Does it make sense that the long skinny metal
box attatched to the floor held a break-down
version of a tripod engine hoist? That would explain the three unusual
bolt-like things that may have connected the tripod legs together,
etc. These are heavy duty bolts, the outside thread being 1/2" and the
hex close to 1". The
counterdrilled part is perhaps 3/8"?
   Has anyone on this list ever seen a TM for
a WWII era tripod hoist? I can check my theory
quite easily if the part numbers on the bolts match.
  Finally, the "TB766" ID plate is bothering me.
My best guesses are: "Tool Body", "Training Base", "Truck Body",
"Transportation Battalion".
Thanks, Don Kenyon