Beginner Painting Questions

From: Matt Mouser (webmaster@net-connection.net)
Date: Sat Jun 16 2001 - 10:01:30 PDT

Hi,

I am most likely going to be purchasing an M151a1 here pretty quick and it
will need to be painted. I have never painted a vehicle before. I pretty
much have no idea on where to start. I am also still restoring another
vehicle, it's non military (67 Cougar), that will need to be painted when I
am done. So I figure since I am going to be painting two automobile's I
should probably just buy a complete paint system.

Where do I start on learning what equipment to buy? I have been reading a
lot on the internet about HVLP systems. Where do I learn the techniques to
paint? How do I know what primers and prep stuff to use? Everyone I talk to
says it's mostly just patience and painting is the easy part. Anyone have
any suggestions on where I can get good up to date info on this?? Thanks.

Matt Mouser