Re: [MV] National Archives Experiences

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 06:14:21 PDT

In a message dated 6/13/01 6:58:23 PM Central Standard Time,
Da-Kenyons@webtv.net writes:

<< Has anybody on this list had luck researching their WHEELED military
 vehicle at NARA?
   Thank You, Don Kenyon >>

Don,
I have never attempted to research a SPECIFIC vehicle at NARA, but I have
researched SERIES of vehicles. The information I was seeking concerned the
period immediately after WWII. While the records were not particularly well
indexed, I did find the majority of what I was seeking. The staff was most
helpful, but they did mention that the summer months are their busiest.

For your vehicle you may also try looking at War Assets Administration
records.

My .02,
David Doyle