Ferret starter problems part duex

From: JaxInCalifornia@aol.com
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 19:28:14 PDT

Lucas Princess of Darkness strikes again. As a post script to my starter
woes. You may recall I could not get the starter switch to engage with any
degree of certainty recently. Like today when I was on my way to a car show.
 Two hours later, it just starts up like there was never a problem. Runs
perfectly! Even won 2nd place at the Rancheria Air and Vehicle Show.

So lets say the starter switch is in one of the "I won't work" modes and I am
tinkering around looking for a reason. I've discovered when you use the
engine crank and roll the engine over just a turn.... the starter
works???!!!! Coincidence? Perhaps. But, I like to think of it as one of the
completely unexplainable events attributed to the nether world of Lucas
Prince of Darkness.

Given how little I used the Ferret, I suppose on that odd time that it won't
engage the starter, a little hand crank to coax it to work is an
inconvenience I could live with, but it's an odd one isn't it? lol

Lastly, my profound thanks to those of you who have responded with
suggestions such saying incantations, burning the Ferret at the stake or an
exorcism, all very helpful I'm sure and taken under advisement.

Jack Lee