RE: [MV] M100--White paint

From: John Hutterer (john.hutterer@deltec.com)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 06:21:39 PDT

Keith,

The 6th Infantry Division, at Fort Richardson Alaska, would have had some of
their vehicles painted in Winter camouflage colors. That's basically a white
base coat and about 10% black to break up the outline. Lettering would have
been black, in the standard locations. That's the way that we painted some
of our equipment when I was with the 205th Infantry Brigade back in the mid
80's. We were the third (round-out) Brigade for the 6th Infantry Division,
so our equipment should have been painted to match theirs. By the way, not
all of ours (or theirs, I assume) was painted in Winter colors. It's not
always Winter in Alaska, or Minnesota, for that matter. (It just seems like
it!!!)

John