[MV] divided Rim Wheels for Jeeps

From: Brown, Herb (BRown@ida.org)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 06:20:04 PDT

I have read the concerns expressed on this list regarding combat wheels, and
do not want to redo them. However, I got the impression the risks that were
discussed did not pertain to the Jeep type combat rims. But, reading in
volume-one of the All-American Wonder last night, I noted it recommended
putting the tire in a safety cage while inflating. Is this really a
problem? How hard is it to seat the bead?

This book also discussed the bead-lock steel ring, and suggested discarding
(actually selling to some one that did not know anything about jeeps).
Anyone have any information about these? Will these help seat the beads if
used?

Thanks in advance
Herb

*****************

Enjoy your day -- Preferably in an old (1945 MB) jeep.

                       \
     __________ / _\__________
    | ___ \ / \ / ___ <|
    | /###\ \____/ /###\ |
       # # # #
        ### ###

Herbert R. Brown
Institute for Defense Analyses TEL: 703-845-6663
1801 N. Beauregard St. FAX: 703-845-6788
Alexandria, VA 22311-1772 e-mail:
hbrown@ida.org