Sick M37

From: Chris Waymire (chris.waymire@timberline.com)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 07:06:58 PDT

I'm looking for a little help here. I'm new to military vehicles and M37's.
I just got mine out of the shop where I had them rebuild the carb and do
some brake work. I had the carb work done because it was cutting out in
each gear at high rpm's.
Well I got it back and it doesn't cut out, but now it's real rough, puts out
a little white smoke at an idle and has no power. I was tinkering with it
last night, thinking that I might need to adjust the carb a bit, but that
didn't fix it. I did notice one odd thing though. The back two spark plug
spot on the top of the engine had gotten some oil pooled in them from a
leaking oil filter lid, while the truck was idling, air bubbles were coming
up out of the oil?

Any help; any good mechanics in the Portland Oregon area?

Thanks,
Chris Waymire