Re: [MV] 1 U.S Gallon = 4.5461 litres

From: Edward Greeley (etgreeley@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 19:31:28 PDT

Some people just don't seem to get it. That "definitive answer" is
incorrect. I repeat: one US gallon equals 3.7853 liters, per ANY
reference source one cares to check.

The 4.54609 liter figure applies to the imperial gallon ONLY which,
obviously, is not the same as a US gallon.

All liters are created equal; all gallons are not.

Ed Greeley
Who can actually read and comprehend.