Re: [MV] Engine Rotation

From: mbstartech@juno.com
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 15:08:20 PDT

To the best of my understanding, an alternator will charge in either
direction-electrically, rotation shouldn't matter. However, the cooling
fan on the alternator does need to be turning in the correct direction.
Double-check your hookup, and make sure you've wired everything
correctly. Then, check wiring continuity, to be sure it's there. You
may have broken a wire, and not know it. Engines, except marine types,
usually rotate clockwise, when viewed from the radiator end. Marine
engines rotate counter-clockwise, why, I don't know. Perhaps, it is so
the marina can charge you 4 times as much to overhaul a 350 CI small
block Chevy.........because it turns "backasswards".

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001 15:40:53 EDT Recovry4x4@aol.com writes:
> List; does anybody know if the M151 engine turns the same direction
> as a
> multifuel? I just got a 60 amp alternator for my deuce. It came
> off of an
> M151. I changed to the correct pully but I doesnt seem to be
> charging. The
> alternator did say it was reversible. Opinions
> appreciated....Kenny
>
> Kenneth Engle
> Loxahatchee, FL
>
> '75 AM General M-35A2