Dead M-37 starter-Act II

From: Lehmans (lehmans@execpc.com)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 08:21:10 PDT

List,

I checked all connections and nothing was lose. Re-tightened everything
I could reach and still the same result. I suspect as others have
indicated that the switch is goobered.

 Now a big ?

Does on really have to take the starter off to get the switch off?

The helpful manual simply states "take the starter off.." All them bolts
are way the "L" in there. (Not like the DJ5A I had) I will if I must
but would rather not if I don't have to.

Another potential contributory observation. I removed the ground strap
from the battery like one should however during the removal of the hot
lead connection the wrench rubbed on some metal part and I got a little
sparking... could I have a short somewhere? I need to replace the
wiring harness at some point as it's got a lot of rot. Could there be
some voltage bleed off due to a short? Cause no starting and the thing
to die once running?

As always thanks in advance.

Daryl

--