Gedtting Youth Involved

From: Joe Garrett (j.garrett@gte.net)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 08:27:42 PDT

The subject of getting youth involved in Military Vehicle collecting has
come up.

I have about 2 cents to contribute here. I am VERY involved int he Boy
Scouts, and I use my M35 trucks for every event possible. I haul Cub Scouts
in parades at every opportunity. I haul camping supplies to camporees and
other events. I haul logs for pioneering events. I haul truckloads of
mountain bikes to campouts.

The main thing I do, though, is I teach every teenager who comes through my
Venturing Crew (the high school aged code program of BSA) how to drive a
deuce and a half. Every young man and young lady in my porgram learns how
to drive a diesel truck with a clutch and five speed.

This is how I promote military vehicles to the young people I am associated
with.

Joe Garrett
cell 425-344-1402