Re: [MV] 5 Ton door locks

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 19:03:04 PDT

Richard Tait <rtait@earthlink.net> wrote:
> For even more security, install a key starter switch or use a
> battery disconnect and lock the battery box.

Pollack makes some nice heavy-duty keyed (and non-keyed) battery
master disconnect switches. They're much better than the cheapo
switches that some auto parts stores carry. They're available through
this distributor:

    http://www.wireconnections.com

I suggest ordering a Pollack catalog from their web page first, to see
the selection of switches that is available. They also have a wide
variety of keyed ignition switches. Some switches are available from
stock, and some can only be ordered in quantity, so call them up
before you start drilling holes! :-)

I plan to try out that locking garage door handle idea on my 5-ton
wrecker soon. It's a pretty ugly and tired-looking truck that I bought
for utility and play, so I won't mind a wrong-looking door handle on
one side. I'll try to find a better solution for my 2.5-ton van,
though, because it looks really nice and correct, so I don't want that
"hobby store OD paint flaking off a chrome garage door handle from
Home Depot" look on it. :-)

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/