Re: [MV] M35A2C the Injection pump menace

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2001 - 07:05:12 PDT

Bob,

>Well, the pump is in, All tubes are hooked in EXCEPT the one that feeds
>the pump from the primary fuel filter. The rubber hose that connects the
>pump to the fuel line has a flare fitting on one end that cannot be
>matched to any fitting found in any of the following:Ace Hardware or
>Home Depot. In additon the fittng is a 45 degree not a 90 this is for a
>good reason, the hose is just long enough to connect to a 45 but not a
>90. I am planning on building my own using more compatible fittings.

Now that you mention it, it was something unusual. I replaced both the 45
deg elbow and the hose end on mine as some gorilla with a pair 16" wrenches
must have tightened them, thus smashing the seat into the most unusual
shape. I replaced them with common SAE 45 deg flare fittings. The 45 deg
elbow should be hardware store type stuff, the female swivel hose end may
not, you may have to go to a good auto/truck parts store or a hydrraulic
supplier. Or just buy a 45 deg hose barb fitting or a 45 deg street el and
a hose barb.

je