Re: [MV] MVPA election

From: JaxInCalifornia@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 01 2001 - 12:31:18 PDT

In a message dated 29/06/01 23:39:49 Pacific Daylight Time,
Cougarjack@aol.com writes:

<< While I agree again in ideals, that's not what took place last time there
was a threat to the group, or the fracas over candidacy for office. There's
nothing wrong with learning how to work within the legislative system, but I
feel that the methods chosen did lasting damage to the organization. I'm all
for doing things out in the open, NOT in a smoke filled boardroom behind
closed doors. No member should support that kind of egalitarian conduct.

Hear, hear.... and might I ad when it comes to working with goverment,
whoever is elected to office must understand the political game and have the
courage to stand up for our rights like the NRA.

We don't need to approach officials on bended knee anymore, because it
doesn't work. We need proactive lobbying backed up by a big voting block!

Lastly, we should never expect a government employee to represent us as our
President either. Clearly, this places undue risk, stress and a perceived
conflict of interest on the President. It's a lose, lose situation, it is
not fair to them or the MVPA.

My 2 cents worth.

Jack Lee