Re: [MV] Braden MU-2 and M37 tranny question

From: Brandon K. (c322348@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 12:56:15 PDT

The PTO for the WW2 WC series should have a straight
cut gear to engage the transmission. I think that the
later PTO's and transmissions had angle cut gears to
reduce noise.

I just sold a well worn MU-2 with driveshaft and PTO
for $300. I would say it was in poor condition, but
repairable. That probably sets the bottom of the
scale. A complete setup with bumperettes and frame
extensions in nice condition for a post-war Power
Wagon is probably worth $1000-$1500 (maybe a bit
higher retail from a dealer).

I would say that the MU-2 is especially desirable for
the early post-war Power Wagon.

Next