Re: [MV] B17 Bomber

From: Robert Barber (rbarber41@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 12:55:46 PDT

   At last count there were 12 flying B17's still in the
US.. I know most of them since I used to fly the Collings
Foundation B-17 the "909" which is the 17 that travels with
the B-24 as a pair. At one time or another I had flown with
the other 17's at various air shows.. I still have a homemade
in the air tape of the 9 B-17 practice flight when we did
the opening dedication to the Memphis Belle pavilion

Life and other complications got in the way and I had to give
up the air show circuit about 5 - 6 some odd years ago.. If you
happened to catch the nose art, color of the plane or the tail
markings I can tell you who the plane belonged to ..

                                   Bob B