Re: [MV] Re-importation of US MV's-BATF response

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 15:30:02 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Barber" <rbarber41@hotmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 9:40 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] Re-importation of US MV's-BATF response

>And for that matter I thought one
> of us on this list already fought this battle and got it OKed ??

I believe that is correct, however, this is for non-US SME. As far as I can
deduce from the original fracas when your F6 permits were withheld is that
two distinct and separate issues exist.

1. SME and other vehicles of non-US manufacture was temporarily denied a F6
clearance which has now been lifted.

2. ALL US manufactured and exported MV's fall under the auspices of some
lend-lease legislation/controls for war time and post war vehicles as
defined by Ike himself back in the 50's I believe, in that they could never
be re-imported into the US.

I believe your are battering yourselves on the latter stumbling block which,
owing to is longevity in force, seems an impossible nut to crack, however,
go at it and I wish you success.

Richard
Southampton - England