Re: [MV] B17 Bomber

From: Bill George (primemover@2xtreme.net)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 15:18:04 PDT

Living here in "fire country" we get to see and hear plenty of vintage
aircraft. This link www.airtanker.com has a list of aircraft currently in
use by private contractors for firefighting. There's a few C130s, some PBYs,
Hueys and Sky Cranes, lots of S-2s and a few OV-10 Broncos for observation
craft Up until a few years ago there was a B17 and two B25s still in use.
California Department of Forestry has a page about their aircraft.
http://www.fire.ca.gov/FireEmergencyResponse/Aviation/Aviation.asp
This weekend Grass Valley Air Attack will have their equipment on display at
the Nevada County Airport on Saturday July 7 at the Nevada County Airfest.
The airfest will have plenty of warbirds and a display by the Military
Vehicle Collectors of California www.mvccnews.net More info can be found at
http://www.nevadacountylife.com/airfest/ Jack, still bringing the Ferret?
Also this Saturday there will be a B17 and B24 on display at the Lincoln
Airport in Lincoln, CA. Enjoy the links, there's quite a bit of military
hardware throughout the US being used for fire fighting. North Tree Fire
Intl, has an Oskosh HEMMET water tanker they use.
Bill
Grass Valley, CA
MVCC member
MVPA #15787
Earth First-we'll log the other planets later!