Re: [MV] 37mm turret gun demill question

From: Jon Shoop (shoop19@brick.net)
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 12:11:17 PDT

Yes....The Humber did have a US M6 37mm....and yes, there are tubes
available. The only way a breech can be imported is in a demilled
condition......I suggest saw cutting it.........remove the block and
parts...and saw cut the breech ring. It can be remanufactured later by
welding. Many have been rewelded after proper papers are issued by the
BATF...Form 1.

I have a local friend here with a 37mm in his Humber. It is the M6
Gun....for a tank with a semi auto breech. The M3 has a manually operated
breech and is prefered for firing blanks and such.

I have guns for sale and a list of people with Breech Rings..........

http://www.csmetall-werkes.com/Cannons.htm

Good luck!

JonAt 05:53 PM 7/2/01 -0400, Renactr2@aol.com wrote:
>Hi list,
>I am looking into purchasing a British Humber Armoured Car. The original
37mm gun is supposed to have had it's barrel cut in two and rewelded, but
nothing done to the breech.

>I want to end up with enough of the gun to look complete, but be
considered a dead gun by BATF, and still be able to fire a blank of some
kind. That could be a different caliber shell (if the breech can be opend
and shut and the breech area sleeved) or all welded shut and oxy/propane
piped in for a Bang.
>I suppose worst case, shove a 12 gauge in the thing and pull the trigger
on a blank.

>Can any Artillery types out there fill me in on a way to get the gun legal
to bring in and still leave enough of the gun usuable for making noise?

>Alternatively, are regeistered and transferable tubes available that can
be mounted in the turret? that is, I don't need a carraige.