Dont lose our right to drive my jeep on Public or Private land

From: aussierob (aussierob@odyssey.net)
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 05:08:27 PDT

Hello Listers, it's Rob here 42MB and some CJ2As
My jeeps and your trucks and jeeps are being threatened increasingly every
day.
While we read this stuff... there are groups mentioned below who have
successfully taken our rights away and we think "it could never happen" !
Read on, I found this link in a message on the Mil-Veh or Willystech message
boards.

Use of vehicles on other public lands: "SIERRA CLUB"

"Trails and areas on public lands should be CLOSED to all vehicles unless

(i) determined to be appropriate for their use through completion of an
analysis, review, and
implementation process, and

(ii) officially posted with signs as being open."

Sidenote:
These groups have determined that there is NO appropriate reason you need to
upset the the grasses and the animals who live on ALL public lands.
Private land will not be exempt either. If some little Rodent can scurry
under your fences... then this pest can / will be determined as endangered
...& poof you land is also off limits - even if you are a farmer, your land
is not exempt.

The definition of an ORV found on the "The Wilderness Society", web site is
as follows...
"Off-Road Vehicles (ORVs) Include:

All Terrain Vehicles (ATVs)
4 wheel drive vehicles if used off-road
Snowmobiles Motor Cycles
Personal watercraft such as jet skis"
What do the want done with ORV access?

"Close all public lands to ORVs unless they are specifically opened, and
opened only after thorough environmental analysis and full public
participation"

The ORV policy found on the The Sierra Club web site is as follows...
"Off-Road Use of Motorized Vehicles

 Use of vehicles on other public lands:"

"Trails and areas on public lands should be closed to all vehicles unless
i. determined to be appropriate for their use
through completion of an analysis, review, and
implementation process, and
ii. officially posted with signs as being open."

These groups are coming to your area and WILL DENY YOU your use of ALL
PUBLIC LAND
They are Coming to YOUR recreation area!!

WE MUST FIGHT THIS -

Please get involved.

 Write / email to your congress critters

Write / email State & Federal Land Managers.

Go talk with your local forest supervisor, they will see you!

LET THEM HEAR FROM US!!

Send us an email if you need help
on finding who you should contact!!

landuse@dirtfirst.com