m-715 woes

From: Abwher@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 18:29:17 PDT

I need help from the m-715 gurus out there my 715 has developed the habit
of dying when 1/2 mile or so away from home. It begins to die and can be kept
alive by choking but gets progressively worse on the 1/2 mile back home. by
the time i hit drive way I'm at 90% choke and no power. Tank is clean
,dropped drained and checked, all rubber fuel lines checked and replaced, no
holes in metal lines, fuel pump disassembled checked and pumps to specs (good
pressure and volume/time) Fuel filter replaced. good solid spark am thinking
of pulling and replacing carb but cannot find rebuild kit cross reference for
the stock carb. any help with carb and fuel pump cross reference nrs would be
appreciated and /or further troubleshooting advice.

     thanks in advance
      Tony stephas central wa