Re: [MV] M37 is sick need advice

From: Gary Kimble (kimble01@starband.net)
Date: Sat Jul 07 2001 - 09:12:47 PDT

I think I replied directly, but I will reply also to the list in case you
didn't get the original. I believe your no-idle problem is caused by the
step-up plunger leaking in your carburator<sp>. There is an infinitessimally
small gasket which fits between the plunger and the body which evaporates
after 50 or so years. If this is not the cause, then I would look at the
float level, which could be too high. I had this same problem on two
different occassions a while back, and the carb was the solution in
different areas on both occassions. I never could figure out why choking it
made it idle out, since the problem was essentially flooding.... Hope this
helps.
Gary Kimble
'54 M37