A funny thing happened on the way to...

From: JaxInCalifornia@aol.com
Date: Sat Jul 07 2001 - 16:22:33 PDT

A funny thing happened on the way to the airshow with my display vehicle... I
sold it.

Had absolutely no intentions of selling my venerable ol Ferret today. I was
loaded up with all my display items, Ferret on the big trailer, packed and
headed for Nevada City-CA and then I made a fateful pit stop along the way.

So this guy starts asking questions about it, nothing unusual there, but it
turns out he represents a local museum. He says he wants to buy it from
me??? No debate really, just 30 seconds of talk and badda-bing-badda-boom,
it's sold. Wow..next thing I know I am off loading the Ferret at the museum
instead of the airshow. This is weird, but I'm really happy to see it go to
a good home. I would not have sold it otherwise. Now my old Ferret
(formerly attached to the 17/21st Lancers) will be properly displayed for
public view 5 days a week year around.

Bill George, if you happen to be reading this... sorry ol buddy! My
apologies for a no show - I was headed your way, but I got one of those
offers you can't refuse. Hope the show was a success (Mil-Vehs and
airplanes, Nevada City, CA).

It's only been hours since I am mil-veh-less and I am already having mil-veh
withdrawals! Wondering what to get next.... Unimog? Rover 101? M38?
M151A1? M37, maybe a Swedish Tank Destroyer? Any and all suggestion for my
next mil-veh would be appreciated. Right now those UK Rover's and Swedish
4X4's looking good, very impressed. But then a deuce would be nice... oh
what to do! lol

SEND SUGGESTIONS FOR NEW TOY!

Thanks, Jack Lee