Re: [MV] Still Trolling for PIKE. Pike Bishop where are you?!

From: ODCLOTH@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 06:19:26 PDT

Jack,
My postings aren't about preserving business, they're about standing up for
the Honor and Integrity of my family's name. This should be a fun hobby, but
these random attacks often make me wonder Why I continue to do this; and then
I meet openly sincere people at Conventions and Swap Meets that Thank me for
being there, for sharing my knowledge, and being a part of their restoration
efforts, and I get a dose of reality that helps put things back into
perspective. As I have been active in this hobby since 1974, I have found
that most folks have good things to say about me (perhaps those that don't
have had a better upbringing, i.e.: "If you don't have something good to say,
don't say anything at all"). I've even met a few critics, but they have at
least had the common decency to talk to me directly as opposed to hiding
facelessly behind a PC monitor.
This person implied that I was a liar and/or thief. Maybe it's just the
conservative Italian blood in me, but, would you not be offended personally
had you been unjustly painted so unfavorably? There seems to be an attitude
by some listers that it's OK to flame a business, and as a business, we
should not attempt to set the record straight. These folks tend to overlook
the fact that most of these MV related businesses are Mom&Pop/Family
businesses run by fellow MV Enthusiasts, who happen to believe that this is a
great hobby that we should all enjoy together. It's unfortunate that many MV
businesses are unfairly looked at as just another greedy mercenary venture!
If it weren't for the foresight of these individuals/businesses buying up
parts, sorting, cataloging and often times storing them for many years, in
the hopes of making a return on their investment, where would the restorer or
the hobby be today?
As I always value a diverse range of opinions, I can fully appreciate yours;
however, I will never let the prospect of losing a few sales stand in the way
of defending the integrity of the Family Name!
As an individual or as a business, I can appreciate anyone's opinion, but I
can't let an Outright Lie pass unchallenged.

BTW here are a few snips from my many emails of support on the matter (these
folks chose to respond to me directly, and as I appreciate their support,
I'll keep their names off list):

<Attaboy David... he has his head in the sand now.>
<Remind me to never piss you off!!!!!! I have truely enjoyed your postings
and have had many good laughs.>
<OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND AGAIN WRITTEN LIKE A TRUE POET>
     <Love it! About time someone was held responsible for their
statements on this list.>
.
 <SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE HANDLING THE MATTER OF THE TOPS VERY WELL.>
<I'd like to say 'Good for you!' in responding to the insulting poster.>
<some days "you've just got to hate people">

Good Day All, I hope this to be the last words on this. See you at Ft. Lee!

David Pizzoferrato
Pizzoferrato Enterprises/Weebee Webbing
341 Township Rd. 286
Richmond, Ohio 43944