Re: CCKW water pump rebuild & 12v from 6v generator

From: Jeanne Lacourse (cckw@mediaone.net)
Date: Mon Jul 09 2001 - 18:32:33 PDT

I have never removed the puller. I have always replaced the pump which comes
with the pulley.

There is a box of leaky ones in my basement.

You might try one of the pump rebuilders listed in Hemmings. They could
probably turn it around quicker.

The voltage adjustment is best left to an electronics savy person. Yes you
do adjust the voltage regulator. You probably should lower the current
setting on the current regulator as you now have 2x the number of watts
(watts = 6v x current versus 2 x watts = 6v x 2 x current)

Of course you could install an GM alternator from the 70's and be MUCH
happier...

Steve AKA Dr Deuce(s) The 302 lives....!!! Much more power!