humvee question

From: Chief Richard L. Hileman II (chief@cermak.com)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 23:26:58 PDT

Quick question. What is the story with the mil humvee going civilian? I
run a small PD and bought a LEPP CUCV earlier this year. I have it out
being fixed up, body wise. I am going to keep it green. I got it for a
little of nothing and I guess I only have to keep it in service for a year.
Now the question? They told me I can get a surplus Humvee relatively cheap.
What are they worth generally and can they be sold in the civilian market?

I figure I'll get some use out of the CUCV and ship it out before it gets
overly abused and get another or maybe a humvee.

Thanks for the info. I know you guys will have it.

Rick