Urban legend or not?

From: Lehmans (lehmans@execpc.com)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 05:15:05 PDT

Greetings list,

Now that my M-37 is back on it's wheels I took it to a local church fest
car show on Sunday. (Did not win anything cept a T shirt and a beer
but..) While there I got talking to a bunch of fmr service folks and
some potential new MMVA club members.

.One on the guys told a story of being at Ft. Hood when the change was
made from M38A1 jeeps to the 151. He was in charge of some aspect of
supplies and was given the task of digging a trench "..bout 40ft wide
and bout a block long 20ft deep.." into which he and his staff
trucked/dumped all the NIB M38A1 parts that were in the depot to make
room for 151 parts. Cover it with dirt drive away.

I could believe it... Urban legend or not? You decide.

Hope all who are going to the national confrence have a wonderful HMV
time, can't make this one.

Daryl
52' M-37
53' M38A1