the quiet ones

From: Linda Forbes (lindaf@athomeprd.com)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 06:00:23 PDT

hey list , sorry to be so quiet... recent acquisition of m-422, been hangin
in the bushes tryin to git up to speed on all the ins & outs of maintainin
mv's. mite was sittin outside for 10-12 years with no attention at all, took
some doin to git it runnin, but we managed, overhaul carb, replace brake
cyls an d master, replace fuel pump, replace tires. was previously changed
to 12 volt electric some place out in the woods where ther ain't no parts or
wires or attention to detail or desire to make it right, jes make it run...
some kinda ugly metal top bolted on, this machine ain't purty by any
stretch, but it does run at least now. worst part is now that it's
a'runnin, somebody done seen it and is offerin me that nasty green stuff.
sure have a great appreciation of all the information i've run across on the
list in the last six months. in the world of mv's.... you guys gotta be the
greatest, tho i've not asked any questions of ya'll til now, you've
contributed to my education.... thanks. now to the business end.... lookin
for seat frames for my mite, see a pair layin roun lookin for a home, lemme
know...thanks
from the sinkin rock