Parachutes are here!

From: JaxInCalifornia@aol.com
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 22:04:12 PDT

I have 5 cargo chutes canopies, 18 ft. dia., olive green, shroud lines cut,
but the web loops are there. Of course they each have some kind of small
defect, a hole in panel or a tear, otherwise they would still be using them.
But, they look great otherwise and if you wanted to do some stitching and a
small patch, would fix up really easy.

After shipping costs, had to pay extra for the boxing and then a lot extra
for the weight, almost double what DRMO said, so now I figure I have about
$25 into them. If anyone wants them for that, plus the postage, e-mail me.

Pics are available.

For what it's worth the gov. cost was $340. Makes a nice camo cover or for
picnic shade. Hey you could use them a drag chute for your turbo'd duece!

I do have 5 other chute canopies, but these are the square skydiving type
chute. I think they are army halo (personnel) parachutes, but this has not
been vefied yet. I just made a call to my kid (airborne ranger) and he will
let me know when he gets back. I can tell you this much, they have the
leading edge that forms a row of box like openings. I guess this is to slow
forward motion. Gov. cost on these was over $3000! I have slate grey and
light golden brown. Shroud lines are cut, but you still have places to tie
too if you are thinking of building that MV paraglider... lol, just kidding,
but the possibilities are entertaining!

Jack
(Chico-CA)