Re: [MV] M37 Fuel tank sealer

From: Gary Kimble (kimble01@starband.net)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 06:54:49 PDT

OK, do you want to keep it original? If so, a local radiator shop can clean
and seal, they usually want about $300.

You can do it yourself, find some medium-sized rocks and add a litle water,
and shake it for about 8 hours rinsing it out every-so-often. Then use your
sealer.

If it doesn't need to be original, do what I did, call your local salvage
yard until you find a 70's model Ford Van. I got a 25 gallon tank for $25.
The stock straps worked just fine, it looks stock. You will need to get
about a foot of fuel filler tube and wrestle with it, that's the hardest
part of the job. Hope this helps.