Re: [MV] I must have been a good boy...

From: Dave Merchant (kosh@nesys.com)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 21:14:27 PDT

As a non-mv owner, I'm wondering what the Ben Hur reference is about?
Is that the configuration, as in a sort of chariot, or the manufacturer?

Wondering, because the Ben Hur auto manufacturer was nearby,
Willoughby, Ohio, (on Ben Hur drive), wonder if they built mil trailers.
The building was torn down only a couple years ago, after a fire.

Of course, Cletrac was only a few miles further away...

-Dave Merchant

At 04:53 PM 7/18/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>...because mil-veh gods smiled upon me the other day. At my new museum
>location, while cleaning up the field, I spied the top of a water tank. I
>had been past the spot many times in the last two months, but never noticed
>this particular tank. Well, it turned out to be a pretty nice condition
>1943 Checker Cab CC1A 250 gallon water trailer. It was built in 1943, and
>has since been used as a gasoline tanker by several entities.
>I asked the owner about it, and he GAVE it to me!
> Anyhow, it is missing a few things. I need the bail which is
>attached to the front of the trailer to operate the hose, and the hose, and
>the landing wheel. The trailer is basically a Ben Hur type trailer with a
>tank attached. I'd appreciate any leads on the pieces.
> Lastly, any thoughts on being able to use it for potable water?
>My first inclination is that it can't be done, but what are the thoughts of
>the list?
>
>1942 BT13A
>1942 Indian 741 (in restoration)
>1942 Indian 841
>1942 WC-53
>1942 WC-53 (in restoration)
>1942 WC-54
>1942 GPW
>1942 GTBS
>1943 GPW
>1943 Checker Cab CC1A 250 Gallon Water Trailer
>1944 MB (in restoration)
>1944 Merritt & O'Keefe E3 generator
>1967 M151A1 (for sale)
>
>john@astory.com
>http://www.astory.com

Dave Merchant
http://www.nesys.com
http://www.nesys.com/3d.html
http://www.nesys.com/HCEA/index.html
http://www.ncweb.com/users/kosh/
kosh@nesys.com
kosh@ncweb.com

"Ah-roger, Stealth, we have you on radar!"