Re: [MV] M715 {politically correct) re-power

From: Todd Paisley (paisley@erols.com)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 19:41:39 PDT

> I didn't get my experience with the 715 from any book..
> I had a motor pool full of them in the army

I was referring to the "Jeep Owner's Bible" book that every one quotes from.
In it, the author states he hated the Tornado. Glad you did have some
experience with it. My experience has been the total opposite. It is a
totally reliable engine. Your entitled to your opinion though. No matter
how wrong... ;)

> The overly complex valve train is what suffers first, followed by
> engine bearings.

Early on, there were service bulletins issued on this problem. The cam was
what they were referring to mostly and lack of oil pressure. Thought it was
interesting reading about it when I wasn't experiencing it with mine....

> If yours doesn't also leak there, it WILL.

I figure if it hasn't leaked in that area in 37 years, I'll respectfully
disagree with that.... ;)

> I would probably find the same fault with the civvie versions
> of this interior, but again, I have no experience there.

Not sure if it used the same seats. Seem pretty comfortable compared to the
MB seats....

Todd.