Sick M37 better now

From: Mike and Cheryl (mleaton@netins.net)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 20:52:55 PDT

I had posted a while back about my 1952 M37 (3/4 ton Dodge cargo truck).
The truck at idle barely kept running, not to bad at higher idle. I had
semi- rebuilt
the distributor (because of blown or leaking coil), but still had a problem.
I also
have an exhaust leak between the intake and exhaust manifolds, but it was
always there
and I didn't think it was my problem. After about 7 responses I had decided
to fix
manifold leak, but Alan Bowes had sent me something that changed my mind
about
my truck having 19 inches manifold pressure (which is normal), I thought it
was low.
So I decided to rebuild the carb. Well not having a lot of time I went to
the Napa
parts store and ended up with a BB or BB1 rebuild kit which they said was
right, and
gaskets in diagram looked the same. I ended up reusing all my old gasket
(kit all wrong).
except for the manifold gasket. I found one small problem. There was a small
long brass
screw, that was drilled all the way through that was plugged solid. My Ord 9
calls it the
7324057 Tube, idle orifice. Reassembled the carb with old gaskets and works
great. I
still need to work on my manifold leak, but it can wait a while.

Thanks for everyone's help
Mike in Iowa
mleaton@netins.net