Re: [MV] you'll be sorry...was: 715-230 engine replacement

From: Todd Paisley (paisley@erols.com)
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 22:30:45 PDT

> Lets see. 100$ for a takeout 230 or a thousand for a new engine? As long
as
> it runs good why go change it.

Exactly. The poster's vehicle was swapped with a 350. As long as the motor
mounts weren't torched from the vehicle, he should be able to fit it right
in a favorably economic way. He says he wants a 6 cyl., the 230 is a 6
cylinder. He can get a cheap engine and make his vehicle worth more as
well. But he seems deadset on swapping in another engine. It is his
vehicle, so whatever floats his boat. I would hope he bases his decision on
people who actually own the vehicle today. While it is interesting in
hearing the old "war stories" about the vehicles while they were in service,
he isn't driving his vehicle in 1962 when there wasn't much experience in
servicing the engine. The bugs have been worked out LONG ago. The
small-block Chevy had problems early on when it was first introduced. The
problems were identified and people moved on. The small-block Chevy is
almost the universal engine for swaps today. But I'm sure I can find one
person who will say how bad that 1955 265 engine was....

Todd.