Re: M715 Repower Madness [sorta long]

From: Lars P C (SLYGTI@webtv.net)
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 20:11:24 PDT

To all M715 experts and drivers,

I did not want any kind of war as to who's engine is better.
 AllI asked was what options I had available to replace the 350 in the
Vehicle I intend to purchase.
I intend to use an inline 6 cylinder "case closed".
Which one I don't know, I have been over-whelmed with info from all
sorts of sites from: M715zone.com (I'm now a member), offroad.com,
fullsize jeeps and the like. I'm now confused about the trans and
transfer too.
I appreciate all the input,
 but arguments from all sides don't help select the next 6er to take
residence in the truck.
I'm thinking about: Ford 300ci, AMC 258, GM 265, and maybe Kaiser
230/232.
Real info as to fit or won't fit and specs will help. I would even
consider Diesel if I could afford one.
Sorry to rant.
Sarge

Lars P C [[_]=\X/=[_]]