Re: [MV] OHC230

From: Ron (rojoha@mediaone.net)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 14:55:45 PDT

I have read this M715 thread with great interest since I have one sitting in
the garage. It is there as a result of a divorce, where the owner had to get
the partially rebuilt truck out of the former wife's garage and needed a
refrigerator more than a planter. I had an extra refrigerator and an empty
space in the garage... Someday it will run again.
    Anecdotally, my CAP wing got 19 M725's in 1979 and ran them until 1986.
They were unmecifully abused by some of worst drivers I have ever seen, and
PM was almost non existant. Mechanically they all made it, but lost a lot
cosmetically. Parts were very expensive (water pump $450 USD ) and were
eventually replaced by the terrible M880 series pickup as a team vehicle.
    Is it my imagination, or has everyone skipped over the M880 series and
gone right to the CUCV? It's like the M880 never existed reading some of
these posts.
    Ron